The Louisiana Procurement Technical Assistance Center (LA PTAC) provides specialized and professional procurement technical assistance to Louisiana businesses who are actively seeking and/or performing on contracts and subcontracts with the U.S. Department of Defense and other federal, state and local governments. This procurement technical assistance center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency. Additional funding provided from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Louisiana Economic Development.
As a result of assistance provided by the Louisiana PTAC, over $8.6 billion in Government contract awards have been received by our Louisiana PTAC clients.
Our mission at the LA PTAC is to generate employment and improve the general economy of Louisiana by assisting business firms in successfully obtaining and performing under Federal, State and Local Government Contracts. If you are successful, we are successful.
Your LA PTAC counselors work closely with government agencies, prime contractors and state and local purchasing offices to bring contracting opportunities to you. Other services include:
- Assisting with a determination of whether you can successfully compete in the government marketplace.
- Providing you with electronic bid matches based on your company's capability.
- Evaluating Bid/No Bid criteria. Should you really bid on the project?
- Hands on assistance in how to read, understand and respond to Government Solicitations.
- Guidance with preparation and review of proposals.
- If you are successful in receiving the award, LA PTAC can assist with any post-award administration issues that may arise.
History & Partners
Our Center was established in 1989 with a cooperative agreement between the U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Logistics Agency and the University of Southwest Louisiana (now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette). Louisiana Economic Development (LED) is a cost-share stakeholder for LA PTAC. Our purpose was to increase the number and dollar amount of Department of Defense, Other Federal, State and Local Government Contracts coming into Louisiana. The by-products of this agreement were:
- To stimulate the economy and increase the competitiveness and profitability of Louisiana businesses by assisting them in market diversification with an emphasis on federal, state and local markets.
- To assist the U.S. Department of Defense, other federal, state and local government agencies with identification of Louisiana vendors.
- To help increase the business base for the U.S. Department of Defense, federal, state and local contracts on identifying and documenting the capabilities of Louisiana businesses.
Our work with both small and large businesses gives the LA PTAC the opportunity to make a difference in the economy of Louisiana. Being able to work one-on-one with the companies, to assist them in marketing to government agencies, preparing proposals,and resolving problems/issues that arise in the contracting process keeps our counselors energized and excited.