On May 2, 2018 the Governor's Mansion in Baton Rouge was the site for the annual Louisiana Small Business Awards.
LED recently launched the new Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program. This is a great opportunity for small businesses to gain access to and start a foundational relationship with mentor companies. The intent of this program is to connect Louisiana-based small and emerging businesses to technical and developmental assistance provided by large companies.
Small businesses may be eligible to become part of the protégé pool for selection. To apply and for additional information about the Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program, click here. Each mentor is solely responsible for selecting a protégé at their discretion. The mentor will notify successful the protégé accordingly.
Here are some benefits for being a protégé if selected by a mentor company:
- Start a foundational relationship with a large business
- Receive technical and developmental assistance tailored towards your business needs from a mentor company
- Receive assistance with capacity building to successfully compete for public and private sector opportunities
- Get guidance to help avoid the pitfalls that deter business sustainability and growth
- Obtain access to the experience and expertise of seasoned mentor companies who have been successful at building sustainable and profitable businesses
To read the press release about the Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program, click here.